Sunday, July 19, 2009

Earn Your Own Friggin' Money and Leave Mine Alone!

So Sunday is usually my "Weekend Recap", but I need to vent today. The Weekend Recap will come later in the week, because it really was an awesome weekend.

Anyway, this morning I checked my bank account online, and there were two charges to some online software company for that I DID NOT MAKE.

This happened to me a few months ago, when I had hundreds of dollars charged to some overseas software company in like, the West Indies or something. Luckily, with that company, I called them and they somehow saw the charges were fraudulent and canceled them before they posted to my account. This time, though, no luck. The "company" doesn't have any sort of customer service phone number to contact it, just email addresses.

So, I called my bank to cancel my card. Somehow managed to get the "I am pissed I have to work on a Sunday" bitch, who told me I can't put a hold on my account until the fraudulent charges post. She was very rude, and I asked to be transferred, but she was the only one working in the department today.

Basically, I know I'll get my money back, but it's SUCH a pain in the ass, because I have to go to the bank and file a dispute affadavit, then they'll give me a "provisional credit" and send me a new card.

The real kicker in this mess, though, is that we're leaving for the beach next weekend, before I get a new debit card, so I'm going to have to take ALL CASH. Which I'm not sure how I feel about carrying lots of money on me, but oh well. The bright side is this: At least all my beach money is in a SEPARATE savings account, so it's not completely drained...because then the beach trip would have to be canceled!

It's just frustrating because these jerks aren't making their own money, they're stealing everyone else's hard earned dough! I feel like there's a special place in hell for them. What goes around, comes around, identity-stealing bitches!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You tell 'em Ash!!!!

love, mom