Thursday, July 30, 2009

VA Beach Day 4


It's our last FULL day of vacation...and I'm kind of bummed, but eager to get home at the same time.

After two beautiful days of mid 90's weather and killer sunshine, today is a little overcast, so there will be no laying on the beach. Which is ok, because I didn't get burned yesterday, but when I was in the shower, it stung a little, so I think the ocean sun would put me over the edge today.

On today's agenda: Movie theater (Felix must be feeling relaxed and happy because I got absolutely NO eye rolling for wanting to see "The Ugly Truth" with Katherine Heigl and Girard Butler, he was pretty amiable about it). Then, we're going to an indoor blacklight pirate ship miniature golf course. After that, we've gotta find some souvenirs to take home to Talia, and then we're planning on renting those two-person bikes you can ride up and down the boardwalk.

We've gotten really lucky with the weather this week. It was supposed to rain/thunderstorm all this week, and we had a fast and furious storm sweep in yesterday, but it was in the evening so we didn't miss out on anything. I'll post pictures of the storm later, though, because it was a sight to behold!

The guys who rent beach chairs didn't get everything put away in time, and there were umbrellas and chairs and boogie boards being blown into the ocean. It was pretty neat to see from the balcony of our room, though we couldn't stay outside too long because sand was actually blowing in our eyes...and we're nine floors up! Then, as quickly as they blow in, the clouds disappear and it's beautiful again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very informative post, really enjoyed it!!

love, mom

skittle365 said...

ok...did you see it when I accidentally posted "VA Beach Day 4" without anything written? Dork!

Anonymous said...

Yes I did...now the actual blog sounds wonderful!! You know I was just teasing you. I would never be that smart @ss for real. You're my soul child you know!!

love, mom