Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend Recap.

Ok, so I usually do this on Sunday, but I had my little identity theft rant (which is in the process of being taken care of, it's just SUCH a pain in the ass.)

**Friday**

Quaker Steak N' Lube in Sharon decided to have a "thank you party" for our morning show because we always have them on and give them free publicity. It was all we could eat and drink...and we definately had a blast!

This is me with two of our overnight photographers, our morning reporter, and one of our regular guests.

After lunch, the other morning show producer gave me a ride home in her convertible with the top down! Made me want one for my next car!!

I came home for a few hours because lunch was early afternoon, then Felix and I went out for Mexican and Margarita's with our friends Lyz and Wayman. They're moving into a new condo, so we went and checked that out before coming home and crashing.

**Saturday**

Saturday we were up semi-early to help our friends Marty and Danielle move into a new apartment. It really didn't take long, and we were done by noon.

Steph and Rich came up later that afternoon! I had been looking forward to their visit for weeks!! (Steph and I try to schedule a "date" once a month, but more often than not it turns into every other month.) We take turns, so it was their turn to visit after we made a trip down to the Burgh in March.

We went to this new restaurant that just opened called "Drake's Landing". The food was phenomenal. I ordered caramel apple porkchops, and they were FANTASTIC. I've never ordered porkchops in my life, but these were amazing! It was a little pricey for my cheap-self, but it's definatly my new go-to special occasions restaurant.

After dinner, we headed over to Sports World for some mini-golf, batting cages, and go-carts!




We had to laugh because we came to the conclusion that Rich and I are the "cuddlers" in our respective relationships, while Steph and Felix were the "anti-affectionates".

After a great time at Sports World, Felix and I had to introduce Steph and Rich to the wonderfulness that is Handel's ice cream (new favorite for me? Graham Central Station. Amazing.) Then we stopped off and bought some beer and went back home for a few rousing rounds of Yahtzee, Trouble, and Boggle. Turns out, Rich is really really smart when it comes to finding words and odds. Who'da thunk it?!


I love when we get to visit with Steph and Rich! We've already set our next date...September 12th. I guess that's what happens when you're a grown up and have responsibilities. You gotta make plans MONTHS in advance. So next time it's their turn to entertain us in one of the greatest cities in the country...PITTSBURGH!!!!

I don't have anything to write about Sunday. I didn't go see Felix play softball because that's what I saw all those fraudulent charges on my debit card, so spent most of the morning on the phone fighting with National City.

I realized we don't have a free weekend until the end of August. Between camping trips, vacation, and scheduled Girl's Nights Out..it's going to be a busy rest of the summer!

No comments: