Wednesday, July 29, 2009

VA Beach Day 3

Actually slept in until 7:00 this morning, haha. I guess this is being a grown-up?? I can't ever sleep in anymore.

We're getting ready to head down to the beach, gotta hurry because it's 9:21 and everyone is already jockeying for position with the beach chairs. It's going to be be in the low 90's today, and it's HUMID out there! I straightened my hair last night, and by the time we got back dinner, it was super wavy, soooo I'm not even gonna waste my time today.


We went parasailing yesterday, and it was SOOOO much fun! We went 1200 feet in the air, and get this: The people that went after us? THE LINE SNAPPED! Thankfully they were almost on the boat, and didn't get carried away too far, but they were sitting in the ocean for a few minutes while the boat circled around and one of the guys jumped off the boat to get them out of the water. The captain says he's been doing this for almost 20 years and has only seen it happen around ten times. I'm just so glad it wasn't us! I would've been FREAKING out if I were sitting a mile out in the ocean, with my feet hanging down into shark infested waters! No thank you!


I also found out yesterday, I get incredibly sea sick. I spent the entire time on the boat holding back my breakfast that was threatening to come up at any second. Fortunately, nothing came up...but it totally throws out our plans for that dolphin cruise I was interested in!!

****************************************************************************

Ok, fast forward to right now, 2:47 pm. Felix looked out at the beach and saw all the beach chairs filling up earlier, so we flew down there to get a good spot and I stopped writing midsentence. 12 dollars to rent a beach chair!! GOOD GOD!

I'm flying out of here once again, because we're headed to the Aquarium to check out some sealife, then another nice dinner at one of the local restaurants I found online.

Don't ever wanna come home!!!

No comments: