Friday, July 3, 2009

Fit Friday!!!

Ok, those three pounds I gained in the last few weeks that I chalked up to monthly/girly/water weight? Yeah, totally not true. Those three pounds are stillllll here, just weeks (23 days, to be exact) before VA Beach Trip. I've been slacking on the workouts, and slacking on the healthy eating...it's my own fault.

For those of you who work out regularly, have you ever gotten in a diet funk? Where you're just soooo sick of working out and soooo sick of eating grilled chicken that you feel like screaming? That's where I'm at right now. Though I'm still getting in four good workouts a week (as opposed to 5 or 6), I've been saying "eff it" to eating healthy. I was scared to step on the scale for a few weeks, but now that I finally did it, I'm hoping my determination will return. I LIKE when I feel like working out. The motivation just hasn't been there.

Alright, so. As I continue these Fit Fridays, I'm realizing sometimes its hard to find stuff to write about. You all really don't care that much that too much ice cream has resulted in a slight gain in the circumference of my ass, do you? Didn't think so.

My newest ideas:

Each Fit Friday I'm going to pick a healthy recipe I'm going to try out in time for the next Fit Friday. When the next Fit Friday comes around, I'll review the healthy recipe, and if it's worthy, post it and talk about it (Was it easy to make, would a substitution of this for that taste better, etc.) . I'll also announce the recipe I'll work on for the following FF. Make sense? Good. If not, you're stupid, and go back and read the previous paragraph slowly outloud.
For next Friday, I'm going to make a lightened up version of a Cheesy, Beefy Quesadilla. You can find the recipe on the Hungry Girl website. This quesadilla comes in at a measly 196 calories, compared to a shocking average of 650 for more-fattening versions. I'll report back next week...with pics.

I'm also going to announce a weekly "Splurge Food" that I deem worthy of digging into, despite the awful effects it could have on your waistline.

This week's pick? Dairy Queen's "Girl Scout Tagalongs Peanut Butter Patty Blizzard".


Dairy Queen came on the show to talk about this new blizzard earlier in the week. One of the perks of working on a morning show is that they ALWAYS bring samples. I probably ate half of a small, and this thing was SOOOO worth it. I told Felix we HAVE to go this weekend to get another one. Who doesn't love peanut butter? I MIGHT ask for an extra little squirt of fudge in there to make it more chocolatey. MMmmm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha You and your extra squirts of fudge...that's what she said!

-andrea

Anonymous said...

You my dear can afford the splurge foods. I cannot. I get myself all excited to be having a wasa sesame (love those sesame seeds) cracker with reduced fat peanut butter. I do eat some goodies but try to stay away from ice cream since it is God's most perfect food and I can eat my weight in it!!! Love the ice cream!!!!!!!!!!
I look forward to your recipes.

love, mom