Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ashley is an Athlete.

I came out of retirement to help out Felix's softball team today...and guess what? I had fun. And guess what else? I wasn't that bad! I played right field, one ball came to me...and I ALMOST caught it. It bounced off my glove. Surprisingly, it wasn't the end of the world when I missed. Instead of yelling at me (which I should've known no one would in the first place), everyone was pretty encouraging about my effort!

My first two times at bat, I hit ground balls and got out at first. My next three, I HIT THE BALL!!! INTO THE OUTFIELD!! AND GOT ON BASE!!! After that, I hit a pop fly, but I still got on base because it was dropped. All in all, it wasn't too traumatic of an experience...and I might even play again this summer. IF I have to:)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, I love you, you dork~!!!!

love, mom

The Gilligans said...

Hold on, WAIT! Stop looking so thin already! You look all skinny and nice even when you play softball! At leas make me feel better by saying that this photo was taken BEFORE the game...please? Lord above knows I don't and won't look that way :) Love the posts Smash! You are a riot!

PS - one more thing...the whole you are the best GIRLFRIEND thing needs to change to you are the best WIFE :) and of course lots of babies to follow :) LOL!

The Shaffer Family said...

Ash, Thanks for the comment...Loved hearing from you. I love comments, so leave them anytime you want. You look great! I've got post baby weight to lose...eh, one of these days...

skittle365 said...

You McKinney sisters (OK...Shaffer/Gilligan now) are too much!! Thanks for the compliments!
Lauren, don't worry..this picture was definately taken BEFORE the game.
And Kelly, I love comments too! And stop worrying about post-baby weight, you look great! And you have two beautiful kids!
....Lauren, one more thing...I don't mind the "wife" thing so much, but NO KIDS!

Sally said...

I TOLD you you were athletic!