Saturday, May 30, 2009

Deep Thoughts.

A "good friend" made a snarky comment to my blog post "Life's What You Make It" which I wrote on Thursday.

While I'm not offended, because I wouldn't expect anything less from good ol' Steve...he did get me thinking about Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy.


Does anyone remember these from Saturday Night Live in the 90's? I only remember them because I remember watching my dad laugh every time they came on...and if you know my dad, you know laughs don't come easily.


According to Wikipedia, Jack Handey is a REAL guy...NOT just a name on SNL. Turns out the dude has won two Emmy's for his work on SNL. He's also got a bunch of books. Google him for more.

ANYWAY...here are a few of my favorite "Deep Thoughts":

-To me, it's always a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, "Hey, can you give me a hand?," you can say, "Sorry, got these sacks."

-I believe in making the world safe for our children, but not our children's children, because I don't think children should be having sex.

-If you go flying back through time, and you see somebody else flying forward into the future, it's probably best to avoid eye contact.

-Somebody told me it was frightening how much topsoil we are losing each year, but I told that story around the campfire and nobody got scared.

-Anytime I see something screech across a room and latch onto someone's neck, and the guy screams and tries to get it off, I have to laugh, because what IS that thing?!

-Whenever someone asks me to define love, I usually think for a minute, then I spin around and pin the guy's arm behind his back. NOW who's asking the questions?

-I don't pretend to have all the answers. I don't pretend to even know what the questions are. Hey, where am I?

If you like these, go to the real website for more.

Happy Saturday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! Dad loved those damn skits. I was never a big fan, but he roared with laughter...which for Dad is an actual lip movement, shoulders moving, and a bit of sound. We all absolutely love to make him laugh..all of us. It's cute!

love, mom

Steve Braband said...

I wasn't going to tell you but, I really enjoyed your LIFE is what you make it thingy.

It put stuff in perspective.

But I can't be serious with you, Ashley. It just would not be real.

I can smell your Andre Champange breath all the way in CT.

Go hump a Sloth.

skittle365 said...

STEVE MY MOM READS THIS BLOG!!!!!!


:)

Apologize to her for telling me to hump a sloth!

Steph said...

I love that you used the word 'snarky' and i was crackin up reading the deep thoughts! ... and the fact that braband told you to hump a sloth. hehe