Tuesday, May 26, 2009

In a perfect world I would have....

1. A Dog.Yes, I'm aware they're a ton of work. I know it's similar to having to take care of a child. I understand they're not cheap, and there are vet bills...and you have to plan your life around them, especially when you want to travel. Blah, blah blah. I still want one!
***SIDENOTE*** out of the blue during our road trip to Scranton, Becky made me promise her that IF I ever got a puppy, I wouldn't dress it up in pink sweaters and carry it around in one of those carrying cases. Really? Do I seem like THAT GIRL who is going to put pink collars and sweaters on my dog? Maybe a pink collar, but sweaters? Do I give off that impression? I deserve a little more credit. I would only sweater my dog if he/she was cold. And needed one. And I got a really good deal on it and it was super cute.

Anyway, Felix has finally said I can get a dog if/when we get a house. Which is REALLY FAR down the road, but I'm appeased for now. Eventually, I will get my puppy.

2. Holidays Off.
The only time you're guaranteed a holiday off when you work in the news business, is if it falls on a weekend, and you already get weekends off, you request it off months ahead of time, or have oodles of years of seniority on everyone in your building. Government issued holidays? Like Memorial Day? Forgetaboutit. I've never had them off. People invite you to picnics, and they just don't understand that the news doesn't stop for ANY. THING. Yes, I even work Christmas Day. The only day I ever get off is New Year's Eve...because I REFUSE to be in my 20's, ringing in the new year at work. Not gonna happen. I also request it off in March. I can't tell you how lovely it would be to actually go home for Christmas and spend a few days there. Or even just ONE day instead of a few hours, obsessing the whole time if I'll have time to get a quick nap in before it's time to clock-in.

3. Straight teeth.
I've always been self-conscious about my teeth because they're crooked. Not self-conscious enough to never smile, because most of you know I smile alllllll the time...even when I'm upset. But I sometimes cringe at pictures of me where my crooked teeth are very apparent. And mom, if you're reading this and feeling guilty about not getting me braces when I was little, STOP. It's ok! I PROMISE! This isn't a guilt trip! Anyway-with the magic of Invisalign, this goal isn't too far out of reach. I'm thinking next year's tax return is going to go towards Ashley's Invisalign Fund.

4. A Condo or House.

I'm aware that technically, this is something I could make happen now, or in the near future...but I want to do it right...not right NOW. I kinda think some of my reasons for wanting one so bad are skewed (for example: Buying a house just so you can paint the walls and pick out what combination of blue and brown you want to decorate the bathroom in? Not the ideal reason to drop thousands, thankyouverymuch). Soooo, this one will come in time.



Obviously, in a perfect world, there are lots of other things I wish I had. These are just a few I have been thinking about lately. All of them are achievable, thank goodness, except for the holidays off. And I've come to terms that will never happen.


3 comments:

The Shaffer Family said...

do you want my dog??? I've been trying to give him away for years!!!!!!!

The Gilligans said...

Ashley, please...do not listen to Kelli. You remember Willie? Yea, that is her dog. NOT the one you want!

Anyways, I am so on board with you about the perfect world thing! I too have didcated my first few paychecks (once I am an official Speech Therapist like in two years...) to invisaligns! Hmm, it wouldn't have mattered if you had braces when you were little because lets be honest who still wears their retainers now to keep their teeth from shifting??? I don't and here we are :) I think same with Cole???

Yea anyways, again enjoying the blog as I drink my AM coffee!

Anonymous said...

Dang that is a cute puppy! Yes I do think you would put a cute pink sweater on a dog, especially if you got a great deal. Be honest!

Even those of us with the misfortune to be in the hotel industry get some holidays off. Your job does suck when it comes to time off.

Finally, yes I do feel extreme guilt about the braces, but bless your friend Lauren. She made me feel a tad bit batter!!

love, mom