Friday, May 22, 2009

Fit Fridays!

I think I'm going to devote Friday's to all things health and fitness. I picked Friday's because the weekend is where I really have to struggle to workout and eat healthy...so maybe a Friday health post will kick my butt in gear and make me stick to healthy habits.

Anyway, I'll try to include links to interesting health articles, review healthy foods I'm digging right now, and all those fun, interesting health topics everyone loves to read about.

Right now, it looks as though I'm purchasing a Spinner bike from Craigslist this weekend! I'm really excited because the bike retails for $1,000, she was asking $475, and I was able to talk her down to $350. Haggling skills, whattttt!!!!

So then I had to hop on Amazon and order some "Spin DVDs", which are just like normal workout dvd's but they simulate a spinning class. I'll let you know how it all works out. Hopefully I'm not wasting my money.

In other health news...my good pal Neal Porter has decided to train for a 5k! How awesome is that? Good luck, Neal!
My girl Rebecca Biggs Watkins has an awesome health blog you should check out. Her latest post about mantras really helped me pass up a donut this morning! You can also find a link to her blog under "Friends" on the right hand side of my blog page.

I don't know about you girls, but with just over two months until our Virginia Beach trip, bikini panic is setting in. I've really been stepping up the workouts...but you can only change your body so much, right? And we all know tanning beds are the devil, but a nice tan makes you look SOO much slimmer, and toned, and sexy. I'm not good with self-tanners. They take too much work, and always turn me orange. The thing I'm really digging right now is Jergen's Firming Lotion:

It's supposed to reduce the look of cellulite, and all those unattractive dimples and lumps and bumps every girl has ( I don't care if you're friggin' Heidi Klum, you got 'em. If not, I hate you.)

I've been using it for almost two weeks now, and while I definately have a "sun-kissed" glow, I don't know how much it actually FIRMS my skin. I think the disappearance of the dimples is because of the slight tan. But whatever, I'll take it.

A new snack I'm digging this week? Kashi Pumpkin Pie Bars.
These things are fantastic, and really curb your sweet tooth craving. And they DO taste like pumpkin pie! I'm a big Kashi-pusher, and a huge fan of their new "TLC" line (which stands for "tasty little chewies"...how cute is that?), but the only downside is these are a little small. But the chewiness makes them last longer, so they're worth it.


In other food news, I'm making a Hungry Girl version of shrimp fried rice tonight for dinner. If you're a chick and not familiar with Hungry Girl, you gotta go to her website and sign up for their daily newsletter.

I'll let you know how the rice turns out. If it's good, I'll post the recipe.

That's it for my first Fit Friday! WYNKOOP, OUT!

3 comments:

The Shaffer Family said...

Hey Ashley!! I kept asking Lauren "who is skittle/ashley" from your blog?" Anyways, I found out and love to follow your blog. If you havn't seen ours yet, check it out. Love the 365 day blog, too! I was going to add you to my blog list, but wanted to say hey first. Love it!!! kelli

Unknown said...

Yet another brilliant post, dear friend. Thanks for the shout out!

Anonymous said...

Well Ashley, it is already 8:39 a.m. and no blog! HA How was the rice? Morgan and I want to know. Dad, of course, won't eat such a thing. UNLESS, I make extra to eat for my lunches at work. Men, gotta love 'em and can't kill 'em. Plus since I also have a son, grandson and a Felix..don't want to kill 'em.

love, mom