Saturday, May 16, 2009

Scranton is Far Away.

I'm back from my very short trip to Scranton, and I am friggin' tired. It was totally worth it to see Nicole and her baby belly, but the drive is soooo long and boring! After this, my agenda consists of showering, then laying on my bed in a daze watching this season of Grey's Anatomy (I got behind during the Grey's/Private Practice crossover and haven't caught up since.).

Of course I took my camera and forgot to take ANY pictures of Nicole's belly, or the fact that she, myself, and Becky hung out together for the first time in MONTHS...but, eh, it happens.

Funny thing happened to me before Becky and I got on the road this morning.

As you may or may not know, I have an obsession with Dunkin Donuts. Looove their coffee, lattes, egg white turkey sausage flatbreads, everything. So, I was determined to get some coffee before beginning the long trek back to Youngstown.

My GPS has a feature where you can search for places, and it told me I was under 2 miles away from the closes DD. PERFECT, right? Think again.
The GPS Lady (I like to call her Bertha) tells me we have arrived at the destination, but there isn't a Dunkin Donuts in sight!
Here's what I saw instead:


Definately not Dunkin Donuts anything. But, I figured I'd make the best of it, and surely they would at least have iced latte's, even if they weren't "lite".

Becky promptly orders a large coffee with cream and sugar. No problem. I politely ask if they carry iced lattes because I didn't see it on the menu. Her response? They only have "milkshakes". How that is a valid answer to a question about lattes, I'll never know. After pausing and taking a deep breath, I simply state: "I'll take a medium coffee with skim milk and Splenda".

Coffee Witch's response? "We don't have skim milk. Or Splenda. How 'bout cream and sugar?"

I don't care what kind of hicktown coffee shop you're at, WHO DOESN'T CARRY SKIM MILK?!

To most of you this doesn't sound like a big deal. But I was absolutely blown away at the fact that Curry-mother-effin-Donuts didn't have skim milk? Not even 2%?

I'm getting angry all over again just rehashing this story. She rolled her eyes at me and made me feel like I was being some sort of demanding Yuppie for wanting SKIM. MILK. Splenda?! Honestly, is that really such a ridiculous request??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have My sympathy Ash. I can't get the damn retards ( I know both red neck and non PC) at McDonalds to give me a large unsweet tea for more that 2 days in a row. I go every morning and unless I remember to either ask them if it is unsweet (they do lie on occasion) or take the time to taste it I get screwed over. I guess you can tell by the length of this post, we Wynkoop women take our early morning beverages seriously!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love, mom

Matt said...

just fyi...i pass 5 dunkin donuts on my way to work everyday. i love their coffee but never stop (because i go to work at fucking 8:00pm...exactly when i dont want coffee). ill see if i can vacuum pack some and send it to you.

p.s. splenda is bad mmkay. just as bad as other artificial sweeteners. if u dont want to switch back to sugar u should try that new all-natural shit Stevia (not joking...thats actually what its called...hahaha)