Friday, May 1, 2009

I've decided to start a blog because I'm bored. Nooo, I'm not bored with my LIFE, or anyone IN it...I just need a new hobby. I've been mulling over different things that could hold my attention for awhile and have narrowed it down to three things:

1. Get a dog
2. buy a house
3. start blogging


There are several problems with option number one. First, Felix won't let me get a dog. Second, we rent a townhouse which doesn't allow pets. Three, as my mom is adament about pointing out, dogs are a lot of work, and they're a lifelong commitment.

I also have a few obvious reasons for not choosing to buy a house. I don't have any money, my mom says no (seriously), and I don't really want to buy a house in a town that is economically hanging by a thread.

So, that's why I've chosen to start a blog. I like to write, and I do it for a living, but writing news isn't very creative. I used to have a blog before I met Felix (for those of you who were followers...remember Hot Gym Guy? Yeah, we've been dating for two years and living together for one. SCORE!). It was something I really enjoyed, and I really want to stick with this one.

Shoutout to Katie W. from Clarion, who has kind of inspired me. She has a blog where she takes a picture every single day for a year. I thought about doing that...but my life is seriously boring during the week. And I'm much better at writing than I am at taking pictures. So Katie, as soon as I figure out how to link your blog to this one, I will!

Another shoutout to Sally L who has also inspired me to blog it up. Hopefullly mine can be as amusing as hers:)

My goal is to have some sort of blog post every day for a full year...beginning today, May 1st. Sometimes it might just be a picture, or just a few sentences..but I'm REALLY going to try and stick with it.

BUT--don't assume I'm falling off the wagon if I miss a day. My rule is, as long as I have a post for each day, it counts. For example, what if I go away for a weekend? I can't blog...so I'll make up for it when I get home. Make sense?



I was worried Felix would have a problem with me starting a blog, because he's a freakishly private person, and while I would never reveal any information about him on the internet, I still thought he wouldn't be too keen on the idea.



He called me after he got off work today and here is part of our conversation:



ME: I'm going to start a blog!

FELIX: You're going to start a blog?

ME: Yeah!

FELIX: Ok. Why?

ME: 'Cause I like to write, and I used to have one before I met you.

FELIX: Oh. What's it going to be about?

ME: Whatever I want. I like to write and I never do anymore.

FELIX: Ok.

ME: Are you going to read it?

FELIX: I don't even know what a blog is!

So I don't have any concerns anymore about him. He'll never read it. Which is fine with me. If he does, that's fine with me too.

Until tomorrow!!!! I might have a picture post...we're going to the CIRCUS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so proud...my little girl is a blogger! I always enjoy your writing and now I can read your work everyday!! I am sure I will be your #1 fan, actually I am sure I will be, lol. Perhaps I will even become an internet cult favorite due to your "mom stories"! Nah, but I will look forward to your blog each day. Your little sister is already a big fan too.

Love, mom

skittle365 said...

Thanks mom! you have no idea how excited I just was to get your comments on here:) Oh wait, yeah..you probably did know how excited I was...cause you're my mom and you know how I am.

And I'm sure there will be mom stories galore once I get in the swing of things:)