Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Morgan's Greatest Day Ever!

Extra blog post today because my little sister Morgan had one of the greatest days a ten year old could have, and she deserves a congratulations!





A few great things happened to her today. First, she started playing the clarinet this year, and found out she made jazz band today! The band director only picked four total people out of all the 4th and 5th grades, and she and her friend Jordan were chosen. Looks like she's following in her big sis's footsteps (I played the alto sax for 6 years, and jazz band was my fave)!

Then, as if THAT wasn't good enough, she found out she won a contest today! The students had to design an ad for the newspaper for local businesses. She won for her grade, and also came in second place for the entire school! She won a $20 gift certificate for the business she designed her ad for, Fox's Pizza Den.

How's that for Wynkoop Achievement?! Great job, Morgan!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have the 2 best daughters in the world. Love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mom

Anonymous said...

Everybody thought I was the luckiest person alive!!!!!Every time one of my friends saw me she said something like"Lucky" or "You`re the luckiest person alive" love,
Morgan

The Gilligans said...

Congrats Morgan! Wow! What a great day, and I think I would have to agree with your friends...you ARE the luckiest person alive! Way to go!

PS - I can't get over how much you two look alike in that picture! Whoa! All Morgan needs are the long braids that Ashley used to wear in Elem. School! I was also so jealous of how pretty your hair was!!!

Anonymous said...

You are a sweetie Lauren!

love, mom